Research seminar: examples of Chilean bioeconomy
Time: Thursday 16.03.2023 at 12:00-14:00 (Finnish time)
Place: University of Eastern Finland, Joensuu campus, Yliopistokatu 7, Metria building, M102 and Teams
From 4 Chilean universities: Universidad Católica del Maule (UCM), Universidad de Talca (UTalca) Universidad de Concepción (UDEC), and Universidad Austral de Chile (UACh) are coming visitors to Joensuu and Kuopio. During the visit Chilean researchers are presenting their areas of expertise on bioeconomy and circular economy.
Topics of the seminar are: forest management and operation, industrial technologies, bioprocesses and bioproducts, environmental and resource economics.
Register to the seminar until 15.3.2023. After registered to the seminar you will receive email with Teams-link.
Flyer of the seminar.
5.10.2022 Insights to social aspects of forest certification PEFC in Chile and Finland
- Opening words, Piritta Torssonen, University of Eastern Finland
- Challenges and recent improvements of the new standards,
- André Laroze, Executive Secretary of PEFC Chile
- Tatu Liimatainen, General Secretary of Finland PEFC
- Social aspects of new certification standards from company point of view,
- Paulina Álvarez, Chief of certification, Arauco
- Pekka Kallio-Mannila, Head of sustainability, Stora Enso
- Closing words, Paavo Pelkonen, University of Eastern Finland, emeritus professor
23.9.2021 – The future of forest bioeconomy: Joint learning between Chile and Finland
- Combining Chilean and Finnish views on sustainability – Eija Rotinen, Embassy of Finland in Santiago de Chile
- Bioeconomy in Chile – Alex Berg, Universidad de Concepción
- Viewpoints to the bioeconomy in Finland – Jukka Tikkanen, University of Eastern Finland
- What is the forest bioeconomy and why is not Business as usual- Inazio Martínez de Arano, European Forest Institute
- Vineyard bioeconomy: Eco-fiberboards as a circular solution for harvest waste – Amina Merlez G. Analista de Innovación y Desarrollo, VSP Wine group
- Example of forest circular-bioeconomy in Finland – Niklas von Weymarn, Metsä Spring Ltd
Webinar is part of collaboration between Finnish and Chilean universities, read more.
For more information:
Piritta Torssonen, University of Eastern Finland, piritta.torssonen(at)uef.fi